2006-07-25

Wallace and Gromit.






Okay, I'm cheating a bit here, because these didn't come from a bottle, but a box. I managed to collect the entire series from a convenience store, each box came with a pair of figures from the movie or clay-mated shorts, a trading card and a candy (which I gave to my students.) But they are crap at my desk, so I guess it counts.























Wallace & Gromit are the main characters in a series of three British animated short films and a feature-length film by Nick Park of Aardman Animations. All the characters were made from molded Plasticine modelling clay on wire frames, and filmed with stop motion clay animation.

Wallace is an absent-minded inventor, cheese enthusiast (especially for Wensleydale cheese), and companion to the dog Gromit who appears to be rather more intelligent than his master. Wallace is voiced by veteran actor Peter Sallis; Gromit remains silent, communicating only through body language.

I've seen all the short subjects, mainly in Animation Festivals ages ago before they were released to the public or won any Academy Awards, and I saw the movie last Christmas...brilliant. I have several stuffed animals of Wallace, Gromit and other characters at home that I caught via UFO Catcher. But that's a whole other blog area!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails