2007-07-12

The Cloud's Silver Lining.


Yesterday it was really pissing down, so I decided to walk to work. En route home, I walked through our local Temple, the 薬師堂寺 (Yakushido). I pedal past this place periodically, but never stop
to smell the maple.









One of those really cool sights that only happens in Japan. This shrine, which I believe is a tribute to children who have passed on, has gathered a motley mix of tributes.
















The entire Peanuts gang gets in on the action.
Cans of coke, coffee and more toys than I have (not really.)

























These guys have seen better days. How long have they been there? (That Mickey is really creeping me out!)













A very awesome and spooky looking tree.


















On the way out, I passed this Japanese Maple tree and liked the shot, so I took it.












Here's a little write-up of the history. Why transcribe, when I can photoshop it?

I may have to walk home more often, who knows what I may discover?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails