2007-10-08

Happy Sports & Health Columbus Native American Thanksgiving Day!


There must be something about the 2nd Monday in October that brings out the Holiday Spirit. In my adopted home of Japan, it's considered 体育の日 (Taiiku no hi or Health & Sports Day). The first Health and Sports Day was held on October 10, 1966, 2 years after the '64 Summer Olympics which makes it the 41st H&S Day and thus the 41st year in a row that I've been a lazy bugger and done nothing. Check out who's pitching for the Yankees. If I had the energy (not very healthy of me, fighting a head cold), I'd definitely have watched this guy go bowling.









I mean, he must be better than me!


















For my vast American readership (all one of you), here's a head's up to Columbus Day. I don't know too much about it, except that I think has something to do with Ohio.
















I discovered that it is also Native American Day in South Dakota and presumably the rest of the US. I wonder who won this arm-wrestling match?








Over in Canada, it is Thanksgiving. I hope all my friends and family are enjoying their turkey dinners. I had a taco salad. Not taco as in the tortilla treat, but たこ or tako as in Octopus. (I know that's a giant squid and not an octopus, but work with me on this. I couldn't find a comic with a turkey in it.)





This post has been brought to you by Green Tea KitKat and the fine folks at the Grand Comics Database.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails