2007-10-30

HiJacked Nightmarish Swag.

Did you know that my last post was my 800th? Considering I don't have much to say, I think I've done okay. All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy.

Recently the コンビニ (conbini/ convenience store) Sunkus, has had one of those "buy a scratch ticket for 500¥ and maybe you'll get a cool expensive prize but it's more likely that you'll get a crappier prize that they crank out of China for pennies a pop" schemes. But I'm a big sucker for that particular scheme, especially when it involves Nightmare Before Christmas goodies. So I've bought a few tix, looking for the elusive Jackalope.


First I got a few mirrors which I gave away to a few gals at a previous Echo event. Not Jack-shit, but still not in the big leagues.















Then I got 2 sets of blankets with carrying bags. Pretty cool, but I've seen them on sale for 399¥, so they've Jacked the price up. I still haven't struck pay dirt.

















Along the way, I got a couple of what appears to be transparent makeup cases. Not bad, but still it looks like it was made by some Chinese Jack-of-all-trades.



















So then I got another few tix and got some China china. A couple of cool bowls. I'm not yet a Jack-ass for buying this crap, but getting there.

















But yesterday I got a Salad Bowl. Getting better. Still slightly cheap but looking more impressive. Since I'm no longer Jack Sprat, and eat no fat, the salad will come in handy.

So with the last ticket that I purchased yesterday, I hit the Jackpot and got an Interior Lamp that was the 2nd-most premium item (the first was a stool, but it had already been Jack-rabbitted away.)

(UPDATE): While moving stuff around, I managed to smash this light. DOH!

All in all for 50 bucks I got several items that are actually of some use to me. Now I think I'll go Jack up my bike (Ha, I bet you thought I was going to say something else...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails