2007-10-17

Kamen Baby Light My Fire.


I'm not sure what it has to do with Halloween, but some of the villains are kind of creepy, so it counts. 仮面ライダー (Kamen Raida = Masked Rider) is a Sci-Fi Action series in the Ultraman vein using motorcycles instead of giantism as its schtick. Created by 石ノ森 章太郎 (Shotaro Ishinomori, creator of Cyborg 009 amongst others) in the early 70's, it has spawned innumerable sequels, live shows, games etc., etc., etc....


What I have for you today are some Karuta-like cards with a Rider, Villain or fight scene on one side and an odd mishmash of a playing card, a symbol, a machine (tank, jet, UFO), a 5-digit number, some kanji and a じゃんけんぽん (janken-pon = rock/paper/scissors) on the flipside.













Since I'm not certain who all the characters are, I'll leave it up to you to research them on your own. Try here or here to get you started.

































































My all time favourite villainess. Let's get busy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails