2008-01-02

Should Auld Acquaintances...

Back in the old days (post-university in Guelph), we used to spend Hogmanay at the home of my Viking History Prof, Ted Cowan. After New Year's Eve at the Keg or Bullring, we'd spend all day New Year's Day at Chez-Cowan and drink and eat and drink and tell stories and eat and drink and listen to Scottish music and drink...you get the idea. My first Hogmanay was 25 years ago! Man, I'm gettin' old!

This year was a wild night at Shaft and fortunately about 5 minutes before midnight, the Pirate gang showed up. Thus, I got to have a brief snog with Akemi at midnight and a dancing partner for the night. (Women were slightly sparse at Shaft that night, I was one of the lucky ones.)








I won't bore you with the details of the party, suffice to say that we had about 100 people, good music by Mokugohan & Mixture, crap music by the other djs and I got up and sang Auld Lang Syne for the masses.









At about two, the Pirateers and I skipped out to a Shrine in Izumi to welcome in the New Year. Much to my surprise, it was quite crowded, but we gathered around and paid our respects to whomever one pays one's respects.

According to the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a Dog! We are considered extremely honest and always do our best in relationships with other people. We'll see..















.

Akemi is a Snake! People born in the year of the Snake are deep thinkers, speak very little and possess tremendous wisdom. Though hanging around with me may not be very wise.














Finishing and starting the New Year with a BANG!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails