2008-02-12

Rest in Peace, Steve Gerber.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to mention another in my Trio of Death series for a long time, but Steve Gerber has shuffled off this mortal coil. Who is he, you might ask? He was a comic book writer extraordinaire who wrote several bizarre books in the 70's that I just adored. Man-Thing, Howard the Duck, The Defenders were just a smattering of his work. He became a spokesperson for all writers by suing Marvel Comics for the right to Howard and almost the entire comics community backed him up.

Mark Evanier has spoken more eloquently about him than I ever could. Suffice to say, he will be missed. I started reading his blog about a year ago, but gave up reading because I knew its demise was imminent. Mr. Evanier has taken it over for the time being and I believe I'll resume reading it.

When I get home, I'll add a photo of my Howard the Duck for President campaign button from 1976!

ps. I'm not looking forward to posting about my third addition to the Trio of Death if I care more about them than the above guy...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails