2008-09-29

Happy Semi-Birthday To Me!

As I mentioned in a previous post, Michaelmas or St. Michael's Day is my secondary birthday. As I approach my 50th (or is it 100th, since I get 2 birthdays every year?), I wonder...will I be handsome, will I be rich, will I have rainbows day after day? Que Sera Sera...

But let's talk about September 29th, it's...
The Day of St. Michael is the Day of the early mass, the day of the sacrificial lamb, the day of the oblation struan (a cake made of all the farm's cereals,) the day of the distribution of the lamb, the day of the distribution of the struan, the day of the pilgrimage to the burial ground of their forefathers, the day of the burial ground service, the day of giving and receiving the carrots with their wishing and acknowledgements, and the day of the oda -- the athletics of the men and the racing of the horses. The Night of Michael is the night of the dance and the song, of the merry-making, of the lovemaking, and of the love gifts. Taken from "House Shadow Drake"

Alas, I have neither dance nor song, merry-making nor lovemaking to look forward to this evening. I did get a love gift this morning though. I got propositioned by a Russian damsel over the internet who is moving to Japan and "I want to share my life with good man because I'm also full of love and tenderness, I know that I am not so beautiful like Hollywood Princess but I do hope to meet my Prince and I am sure he will be not be disappointed to meet me in the real life! This is why I am going to go through the same way."




Boy, it's not bad enough that I get local stalkers, now they're seeking me out internationally! Happy Birthday, indeed!

ps. I think I'll check for an Adam's Apple scar before I take her up on her offer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails