2008-09-20

Pieces of Eight!

Arrrr! Ahoy there...I been amiss at this here blog for nigh on a week now. So late that I almost missed Talk Like a Pirate Day! Now, my beauties, I cannot speak pirate-jabber in the native lingo of this land but I can always try Mandarin Chinese!

Alas, me hearties, I cannot locate my Captain Herlock booty,










so we'll have to settle with 4 Pieces of One Piece ハッピーセット (Happi Setto from McDonalds) which I grabbed for several Pieces of Eight. First up is モンキー・D・ルフィ (Monkey D. Luffy), the Captain of the Straw Hat Pirates. The toy is called "Luffy's Treasure Explorer" which consists of Luffy standing next to a barrel and maybe some treasure inside.





Next up is their ship, サウザンドサニー号 (Sausando Sunni Go/ Thousand Sunny, with a toy called, "Thousand Sunny Treasure Search." The Brigantine has a lion for a figurehead, though it looks more like a sunflower to me.









3rd in the collection is フランキー (Furanki) who gets shot out of a cannon in "Pop Out Franky." Franky is apparently a 34-year old cyborg who runs on Cola.









Last but not least is トニートニー・チョッパー (Toni-Toni Choppa) He is a blue-nosed reindeer, who gained human properties by eating a Devil Fruit. He lies upon a treasure chest in a toy called, "Chopper's Lucky Treasure."

I can't figure out what each of the toys do, but the kids on the commercial seem to have fun with them. These are all for the new DVD release. There were another 4 toys out at the beginning of the summer when the movie was released, if I can find them, I'll post them then.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails