2008-10-23

Popeye Meets Pocky!

Many moons ago (about 300 moons!), I worked in the mailroom of a Marketing Firm in downtown Toronto and on lunch hours (extended of course), we'd partake of fast food in whatever locale offered the best Happy Meal-clone. One month, Popeye's had rather appropriately, Popeye erasers. It took several trips down to the Eaton Centre to get the set, but I eventually did. As you can see, they are not in pristine condition, but not bad for 25 years old.

First up, we have Poopdeck Pappy and his Spinach chomping son, Popeye.









The skinniest woman alive, Olive Oyl and Swee'Pea.












Wimpy (maybe I should go as him for Halloween, I have the physique) and Bluto.










Since there isn't yet a Spinach-flavoured Pocky on the market, we'll have to settle for Pumpkin! I had it last year, and though I usually can't abide the taste of Japanese
カボチャ (kabocha), I quite like it when covering a pretzel stick!





Here is his debut in a Betty Boop cartoon!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails