2008-10-12

You're So Coy!


A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I attended the Sendai Bridge Club and started mingling with people of my own age and interests. I have to admit that I am one of the few with all my original teeth, but they're a swell bunch of folks. Here can you see the hands that we played (fascinating, eh!)




I had several obstacles to overcome, not the least of which was the ハートの女王 (Ha-to no Jo-ou or Queen of Hearts) and several of her トランプ (trump), but I managed to survive, without resorting to growth spurts I might add.





I'm proud to say that after 2 weeks of mediocre playing, I went from last place last week to kicking everyone's butt today! Here in the final score, you can see that my partner and I conquered all! I also won the second match, but it was tied for first out of four, not nearly as impressive. Next week is a local tournament, wish me luck!







On the way home, I came across the tail end of a festival and took the chance to eat some meat on a stick while watching colourful dancers gyrate in synchro. It's the annual みちのくよさこいまつり (Michinoku-Yosakoi Matsuri) and runs again tomorrow.








I have to go to a work-related picnic but I may check it out later with camera in hand and snap a few off (instead of relying on the program guide as in this picture.)






Here's an example of what one might see...



Oops, I almost forgot to post anything Halloween-related so here's a picture of a llama in a witch's costume!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails