2008-12-11

Booty Call.

I requested all of my guests to relinquish all obligatory presents and provide me with cash only that will go towards a new camera. Of course this caveat was not adhered to thus I did receive a few items and since I'm not one to look a Trojan in the mouth, they do make fine blog fodder.

First up is a gift that is not a gift as purported by its donor. Unbeknownst to dear Derek, I already had a couple of receptacles to contain the flood of coins I expected but completely unexpected was this Darth Maul Piggy Bank. Donations received almost reached 10000¥ which will cut my camera's cost by a third or a half depending on how cheap I go. Derek went the extra step by providing our guests with cheapish yet tasty cigars.






Each person that plunked a few shekels into Darth received a commemorative copy of "50 Years of Michael Jones", labouriously composed by DJ Mokugohan. I'm listening to it now and it is a fantastic mix of the funky, freaky and old farty stuff that I so enjoy. He even chose classic SF posters from around 50 years ago for its montaged cover.






Before he started serving folks at his own bar TITLE, Suu brought over a bottle of FrouFrou from France. Not sure when or with whom I'll consume it, but it I'm looking forward to imbibing.










Speaking of imbibing, I also received a bottle of fancy smokey sake from my boss that will go down nicely with the Zunda bean-flavoured KitKat that accompanied it. (I think I'll take this one to Canada to share with my pals over there.)







Before the party started, a beautiful bouquet of flowers arrived from an unknown admirer. Was it from one of my many stalkers who finally tracked me down? No, it was from a former Seiwa co-worker who sent it in lieu of showing up. A tremendous gesture that did not go unappreciated (though I did pass them along to another beautiful flower, Michiko, who put them to far better use than I ever could.)



Speaking of Michiko, her sister Miho donated some Tokyo DisneyLand candies to the cause.










I also got a couple of silly hats that can be seen in various earlier photos including one from organizer Akari and from a frequent Echophonyk attendee who also gave me this incredibly awesome Batman Pez dispenser.









Forgive me if I'd forgotten anyone, but by the end of the night this is what I looked like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails