2009-02-01

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi, Heidi, Ho!










The 世界名作劇場 (Sekai Meisaku Gekijou ) or World Masterpiece Theatre were a set of Anime presented by Nippon Animation from 1975 onwards. Click that link for info about each series or click this link to buy the DVDs.















I pointed out ピーターパンの冒険 (Peter Pan) to you the other day and I just happen to find the 時計ワニ (tokei wani = clock alligator) and (tinka-beru = Tinkerbell) figures. Tinkerbell is a secret figure, but I happen to have 3 of them!

Another of the series was アルプスの少女ハイジ (Arupusu no Shoujo Haiji), whom we all know better as Heidi.










Ages ago, I got a couple of the figures from Coca Cola, but I wasn't interested enough to collect them all.

The opening:



The closing:



Of course I'd be remiss if I didn't link to
あらいぐまラスカル (Araiguma Rasukaru = literally, Red-bear Rascal but we may know him as Rascal the Raccoon.)



Alex's wife, Yuko loves this show and does a kick-ass version of this song at Karaoke:



Others include
母をたずねて三千里 (Haha wo Tazunete Sanzen Ri) or 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother (From the Apennines to the Andes) featuring アメデオ = Amedio.



I've never heard of
ペリーヌ物語 (The Perrin Story) but obviously the Japanese have and represented here is バロン or Baron.





Another one I don't know well is
フランダースの犬 (furandasu no inu or A Dog of Flanders) with a dog named ペトラッシュ (petorasshu or Petrasche.)

Here is the opening theme:



As an added bonus, I just happen to have a copy of this book for your perusal!



























































As with Pan, this one comes with fridge magnets and also stickers!

As an added bonus, here is Betty Boop and Cab Calloway in Minnie the Moocher (think of the post's title, and you'll know why.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails