2009-03-24

Just Peachy!


I received several emails from my pals who kept me abreast of the World Baseball Classic match between reigning Olympic Champs Korea and reigning WBC champs Nippon while I was stuck teaching younguns & olduns. The older students appreciated the updates, the younger kids...not so much (then again, they were only 4 years old!) But after Korea caught up 3-3 in the bottom of the ninth, I began to worry. But thanks to a double by Ichiro (still my favourite ballplayer), and a 5-3 win, We are the Champions, my friend. I even got another file folder to add to my collection (still need Dice-K and Akinori) but I fear that an end to the give-away is near and I'll be unable to complete my quest.



Even better news than the win, is a personal score of a package of new KitKats, Double Peach Minis. This is an older issue that I had overlooked upon its initial run but was on sale at the Don Quixote Supermarket. I got 4 白桃 (White Peach) and 4 黄桃 (Yellow Peach) for under 200¥. The white is tangier and the yellow is more reminiscent of cantaloupe than peach. Both are yummy but aren't really Classic Winners.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails