2009-04-06

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?


If you studied Latin in High School like I did, you would have come across this phrase while studying Plato or Socrates. These days, one might know it as a catchphrase,

"Who will guard the guards themselves?"
or colloquially, "Who watches the watchmen?"

If that last maxim rings a bell, keep reading (and if it doesn't chime, best gong elsewhere.)

The following scans are taken from the Movie Program. I won't bother scanning photos from the movie itself, you can search the interwebs for that stuff. Rather I'll allow you to test your Japanese knowledge with text pieces on History, Production notes, Cast Bios, Costumes/Props, and finally some of the Goodies you can watch out for. (I may have to seek out the ロールシャッハパーカー
= Rorshach Parka.)

































































I'm still looking for the Bearbrick versions of the Watchmen, but in the interim, here is the Lego-version trailer!



The only goodie at the Cinema worth buying was a towel wrapped in plastic within a cardboard cutout of Rorshach's bust.






I haven't dried my hands with it yet, so I don't know if it changes shape once it gets wet or not but I think I've located next year's Halloween costume!




Finally, I knew I wasn't the only one who'd thought of this, so see for yourself... (warning, you can only watch the first few seconds before it gets too irritating!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails