2009-07-20

Ad Astra Per Aspera!

40 years ago, Apollo 11 landed on the moon! I was a wee lad of 10 at the time and unlike Homer, I actually saw the historic event on tv. I probably saw it on CBC, not CBS with the late Walter Cronkite, but it was still memorable!



You can always Google the facts (hey conspiracy nutjobs...it wasn't a hoax) so I'm going to talk of another famous astronaut, one to whom Atomu paid a visit as the following examines. 向井千秋(Mukai Chiaki), a cardiovascular surgeon, is the first Japanese woman to fly in space, and the first Japanese citizen to fly up there twice. Here are the highlights of her story:





























































Hey cool, she has her own Children's Museum! I wonder where it is!












J-Pop star, 菅野 美穂 (Kanno Miho), portrayed Chiaki in a tv Drama called,"向井千秋~夢を宇宙に追いかけた人~ (A Woman's Biography: Mukai Chiaki--A Dream Chaser in the Space /2007)". I can't find a copy of that, but here are a whack or ads with her for Sofina makeup:



ps. The title of this post was taught to me by my old Latin teacher and it graces the bow of the Starship Enterprise, "Through adversity to the Stars"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails