2009-10-08

Go-Go-Gojira!


Ever have one of those days when things are fair to middling and then all of sudden a diamond shows up in the rough? I was doing some souvenir shopping, hitting a UniQlo to pick up some ヒートテック Heat-Tech thermal underwear, Maruzen for a magazine or two and then en route to the station I popped into another smaller bookstore and there blasting me in the face is the radioactive breath of Gojira!






I've picked up several of these movie or binders before, fully expecting to just get the first one cheaply and then give up once the price is increased. There are 55 in this series (the entire Toho catalogue) and I fear I may drop 107,460¥ it'll cost me to get the rest! It appears as though they'll be released every two weeks or so, thus it'll take about 2 years to get them all. This one cost 10 bucks which is about a third of the price of the average Japanese DVD, the others are about 20 dollars each. On second thought I might be more selective. Apart from a series retrospective and a preview of the next video in the series, it's a vanilla disc with no English...more incentive to learn Japanese, I must say!


On the other hand, it does come with a nice magazine and an awesome poster!











Let's take a look at the goodies in the mag, shall we! (Including the ラインアップ (line-up) of future editions, the next 4 movies and the next feature, Godzilla vs. Mothra!)












































































































ps. If anyone wants a copy, let me know asap. I can pick up one or two and save on international postage. We can work out a price. 12.00$ + S&H. Warning, you'll need a Multi-region or Region 2 DVD player and the patience to watch it in Japanese only. Still a bargain, I feel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails