2010-01-14

L'Hospice.


Everyday, I seem to be suffering from some new ailment. Lately it's my throbbing knees so wandering around Tokyo last weekend took its toll on my weary bones. Regardless, I don't think I'll end up here anytime soon. This sculpture by Gilles Barbier, L'Hospice (The Nursing Home) represents what some of our Superheroes might look like had they aged naturally from the time they were introduced. The creepiest has to be Catwoman decked out in leather. Ewww!





The Mori Art Museum has a display on Medicine and Art, "Imagining a Future for Life and Love--Leonardo da Vinci, Okyo, Damien Hirst."












A couple of the pieces I enjoyed (and bought postcards of) were The Three Fates by やなぎみわ (Yanagi Miwa)







and Scattered Deformities in the End by 松井冬子 (Matsui Fuyoko). Manohman, these women are dark!













I also picked up 2 clear file folders, one of Da Vinci (Two Studies of Cranium) and one of Takashi Murakami/Kaikai Kiki (Iikoto-chan and Warui Koto-chan). I'll leave it up to you to figure out which is which.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails