2010-03-30

Doraemon, Merman.


Y'know when I went to Sherlock Holmes the other night, I realized that it is one of the most prolifically franchised movies with at least 75 (I'm not counting Dracula or Frankenstein, they aren't direct sequels more like spin-offs.) Over here in Japan, we have 34 Godzilla movies interspersed throughout the last 50+ years but can anyone think of a franchise that has had an ongoing annual movie release and is still pumping them out? Well, assuming the title of this post hasn't given away the answer, that would be DORAEMON! This sheet, courtesy of McDs, gives you a peek at each of the last 30!



On the flipside is a lovely montage of all of them!




This year's offering is
映画ドラえもん のび太の人魚大海戦, Eiga Doraemon Nobita no Ningyo Daikaisen or "Doraemon The Movie: Nobita's Great Battle of the Mermaid King!" Coming up is a trailer but check out the little wind-up toys you get with your Hotto-Motto mini-bento. I got the second one.





The meal itself arrives with this cool plastic lid!



I've scanned these Happi Setto toys without unwrapping them so they are pretty tough to discern. I'd suggest you click this link to get a clearer view of them. Hmmm, they feature Doraemon and his sister as a merman or maid and swimming with whales or dolphins. I'm surprised that The Cove didn't win the rights to a McDonalds tie-in!










The theme song was sung by Thelma Aoyama. I'm not particularly fond of it, but you may enjoy it...




I picked up a Doraemon Popcorn bucket which comes with one of 30 badges for each movie! It'll take a while before I get all the badges!








I just happen to have a bucket from a few years back as well!


Tomorrow will be a special post! What'll it be and why? Stay tuned...Same Doraemon-time; Same Doraemon station...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails