2010-03-23

Happy AK Day!

Today is the 100th Anniversary of Akira Kurosawa's birthday. Too bad our beloved director isn't alive to reach his Centenary, but his memory lives on. One of my favourite posts is about Ran and just the other day I saw a Martin Ritt movie called The Outrage with Paul Newman, Edward G. Robinson and the priest does a great William Shatner impersonation (click for a link to Talk Like William Shatner Day.) When I was watching this movie, I thought to myself, "Gee, this reminds me an awful lot of Rashomon." Sure enough, yet another AK remake.




Another fan fave has to be 七人の侍 which we all know as the predecessor to The Magnificent Seven (quick, can you name all Seven? Let's see, McQueen, Brynner, Bronson, Vaughn, Coburn, Buchholz...damn, I had to look up Brad Dexter as the kid. Eli Wallach makes a magnificent villain though.
I wish I had purchased all of these figures, but after I got the Director, I stopped buying them. I did manage to get Samurais 4 and 5.











Happy 100th Birthday, Akira! I can't wait for the next remake of Seven Samurai with Clooney!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails