2011-01-01

Happy Hogmanay!

'Tis the new year so I thought I'd reflect on 2010 which, for the most part, sucked royally. Dislocating my arm-part 2, pay cuts, loss of hours, starting a new job and almost losing it on the second day, meeting the love of my life and then having no cash with which to woo her were just a few of the lowlights. On the other hand, my blog has been pretty darned awesome if I do say so myself. So let's continue that tradition and I can whine more tomorrow.

Here is the お正月Oshogatsu Song.

もういくつ寝るとお正月 Mou ikutsu neru to oshogatsu
お正月には凧あげて Oshogatsu ni wa tako agete
こまをまわして遊びましょう Koma o mawashite asobimashou
早く来い来いお正月 Hayaku koi koi oshogatsu
How many more nights to sleep until New Year's Day?
In the New Year's holidays, let's fly a kite.
Let's play with a spinning top.
Come, come quickly, New Year's Day.

Sing along:



Let's take a look at January's entry from my Godzilla & Kabuki calendars. The Godzilla calendar was my birthday present to myself and the Kabuki calendar was one of the few presents I received this year. (Thanks Hitomi!)












Pretty slim pickings wrt to 年賀状 (Nengajou or New Year's Cards) this year. I only got 3 (4 if you count junk mail from Japan Post.) On the other hand, this is the first time that I didn't send any out, so I can't complain heartily.













This is the 兎同士, (Usagi-Doushi) The Year of the Rabbit. If you were born in a Bunny-year (1999, 1987, 1975, 1963...), you are the most fortunate. You are smooth talkers, talented, ambitious, virtuous and reserved. You have exceedingly fine taste and regarded with admiration and trust. Furthermore, you are cute and furry. Our good friends at Pink Tentacle have provided us with some classic cards, here are a few of my favourites.



皆様のご健康をお祈り申し上げます。本年もどうぞよろしくお願いします。 Wishing everyone good health and I hope for your continued favour this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails