2011-12-22

Bah, Humbug!

I'm too tired to do anything dramatic for my 2000th so here is a top 10 list of my favourite "A Christmas Carol" adaptations. (Click that to actually read the book. People still read don't they?)

I just stumbled upon a Vincent Price rendition and that spurred me into making this list (in no discernible order) and though it has cheesy special effects, I'm putting it near the top.



I don't know where else to start, so I'll start with the earliest one I've seen.



Albert Finney as Scrooge a the musical version:



I'd be nearsighted if I neglected to add this one:



Oooh, George C. Scott as Scrooge: 



With ever-so-appropriately named Scrooge McDuck:



Gumby's Pony-pal Pokey has walked into a classic:



Michael Caine is inspired as Scrooge and the Muppets ain't so bad either:



Bill Murray has rarely been better!



Blackadder as Scrooge is incredible! 



This one Bugs me:



#1: Alistair Sim. Best...Scrooge...Ever! Nuff said.



Versions that I've never seen but would like to, "Make it so!"



The Stingiest Man in Town (live):



The Stingiest Man in Town (animated):



Daffy as Scrooge:



It looks like a Scooby-Doo episode but is true to the book, I don't ever recall seeing this:



Jetsons

Doctor Who:



ps. I'm in NO hurry to see this version. I wish Zemeckis would stop the Mo-cap!
I do wish though that I could find the WKRP episode! That was terrific.

1 comment:

adequateal said...

I was thinking of the WKRP version when I read your list. It was classic. Johnny Fever as the ghost of Christmas yet to come (AKA: Death)!

Mokghosthan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails