2012-02-19

Black Light Fix.

It's been quite a while since I mingled with the Sendai Indie scene, so I took up my former Tokiwagi student on her invite to Neo BrotherZ. The lineup included:
RIOT BECKEY JETT3 THE V.I.P. KILLERS エレキソックス The Suuzys
The Black Light Junkys VIOLETS (Tokyo) The HAVENOTS (Yokohama)


I missed either RIOT BECKEY or THE V.I.P. KILLERS, and the one I did catch, I didn't catch the name.









The next band was pretty good, kind of a Clash-Clone called エレキソックス (Elekisocks?)



Fortunately Neo has a back room area so you can hide from the caterwaul that was Jett3. Noisy punks and neither of those words are positive appraisals.









The Suuzys were my favourite act of the night. Their signature tune is a jumbled version of "Wake Up Little Suzie", though I preferred their rendition of "Tequila" and "For Your Love".



My former student An & her drummer.



I didn't get any good pics of her in action but her tiny bassist has the biggest, scariest voice I've ever heard!



I also reacquainted myself with the dude from "The Ponytails" who have now permanently retired and I met Akari for the first time this year!







There's another gig at the end of March, maybe I'll check it out...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails