2012-03-11

A Year Ago...

I'm off to bed now, so hopefully I can be more reflective tomorrow. For now, here are some musings...

This is Alex's podcast from last year:



When I went into the supermarket to grab some lunch on Saturday, these and other photos were displayed.











This one is particularly disturbing because I regularly visited this Junior High School every few weeks and was due to attend there the Tuesday following the quake. Once I'd heard of the tsunami 3 days later and heard of the devastation that struck Arahama JHS, I'd assumed that hundreds of students and teachers must have died. A week later, I received an email proclaiming that ALL students and teachers were well, having taken shelter on the top floor. Watching the enormous wave sweeping under their feet must have been terrifying!



I'll contribute some additional tidbits tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails