2012-12-27

Happy Boxing Day!

I know I'm a day late in Japan for Boxing Day but I think it's still applicable in Canada. (For those of you who aren't part of the British Commonwealth, you can find out about Boxing Day here.) I haven't done a comics-covers post in a while, so I thought I'd do so today.

Who knew cats have prehensile tails?

How do ducks manage to fit boxing gloves over webbed hands?

 An iconic cover, how many celebrities can you spot? (Click on any cover to blow them up to Rocky size.)

 Goofy has a lot more faith in Mickey's prowess than I do.
I don't ever remember Bugs going up against Hippety Hopper but this looks more Tex Avery than Chuck Jones.
Very meta!

 Ah the old, "you wouldn't hit a duck with glasses" gag.

Not familiar with the comic or the character but it looks like the Bucket was tired of being a spitoon.

 When it comes to Wolverine, it can't really be considered boxing but I was trying to find 10 covers.

Kind of stretching it with the last one but actually this was the inspiration for the Boxing theme.
(A big Box of thanks goes to the GCB for the covers.)

Happy Boxing Day everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails