2013-06-13

Happy Birthday, Edna.

Today is what would have been my mother's 86th birthday. So enjoy your cake in the afterlife, mom.

I don't have any new photos to show of her, but I did find a picture of four of her spawn. Can you guess which one is me?


While I'm waxing nostalgic, here is my class photo from Grade 2 at Regency Acres Public School in Aurora. Can you spot me? (Click to embiggen.)


My mother liked chocolate (and I needed a segue) so here is a KitKat that I picked up today, Cookie & Cream.







I've had this KitKat for a while, but it remained in my jacket pocket in my car in the sweltering heat and those little lumps of poo above the package are what's left of the Passion-fruit flavour.


Finally, this coin was given to me by the principal when she signed my time-sheet. Canadians will recognize the distinct Loonie design but take a look at the date. It appears that in the year 2020, Canadian currency will be made of chocolate!

Anyway, miss ya mom. Felicitations!

2 comments:

Mark D. Keene said...

Not the toothesome lad in the back with a blue checked shirt?

Michael Jones said...

Close but no cigar. Right beside that guy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails