2014-01-10

Dew Do.

I'm not a big fan of Mountain Dew. A long time ago (in the early to mid-60s!), my father was the Chaplin Chaplain at Camp Couchiching when we lived in Aurora, Ontario. So we got to spend our summers at camp for free. I have three memories of that time that stick out. One: while hiking, we discovered a dead garter snake and our camp counsellor slit it down the middle exposing its guts. Two: while skinny dipping in the lake, one of the kids took a pee while we were doing the back float. Three: At lunch one day no one really liked their tomato juice so they asked me to drink it for them. I had about a dozen glasses of it. Later that day, I took a sip of a Mountain Dew, belched and then barfed up the entire concoction. The counsellors thought I was bleeding internally. Since that day, I have rarely drunk a Dew; I still like tomato juice though preferably in a Bloody Caesar.

Therefore I approached this snack with great trepidation. It can't possibly taste good, but to my palate, it does. Tangy and cheesy, this mini-box of Mountain Dew Cheetos is apparently just the item that Gamers might enjoy. I'm not a Gamer and I'm trying to cut down on snacks so I won't try it again, but give it a try and you might be pleasantly surprised! (Or you might barf it up, who knows?)


To wash it down, I guzzled a manly drink, Men's Cider. It is berry flavoured but it is not bery good.


Not recommended for anyone of either gender.

2 comments:

Mark D. Keene said...

Awesome post, and great story! But are you telling me your dad was Chaplin, as in Charlie? Or a chaplain, as in a man of the cloth?

Michael Jones said...

Both. He used to walk around with a top hat and cane and also presided over the Chapel.
(Also, nice catch on the spelling.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails