2015-04-20

Nice Castles.

Kyoto's 二条城 (Nijou Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site) was quite intriguing but an incredibly long lineup to enter and a lack of free time forbade me from entering the grounds. That did not stop me from perambulating around the perimeter and snapping a few photos along the way.











I love the little gargoyle-like feature on the roofs of most castles. These are called 鴟尾 (shibi) and I'll show off a few of these with future castles.



Click on the above pic (or any other one to enlarge it) and you'll see a midday moon.


This building was across the road from the castle, not sure what it is used for but it is interesting. It was becoming late afternoon and I still didn't have a place to stay, so I got the heck out of Dodge and tried to find a place for the night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails