2016-05-02

The Kid's Got Spelunk.

I didn't realize that it has been almost ten years since I last went spelunking. The last time was in Abakuma-Dou and it was a blast. A few weeks ago I aided a friend by driving him out to Ichinoseki to pick up a used car. At that time, we drove by Yugen Cave and I vowed to return some day. That day was Saturday since I was in the general vicinity for an early wedding. After a 90-minute drive, I arrived at about noon, wandered through the Yugen-dou (洞内) for twenty minutes and then I was done! Interesting but a very short cave dive.















About half way through the trip, I took advantage of the lighting and took a quick video.





















After that quick cave diving experience, it has given me the desire to check out a few more caves.

This is a mini-bluff across from the cave site.






Inside there were several minerals for sale but much to my chagrin, none of them were from this particular cave!


These are kind of cool and fairly cheap at 3 for 1100. Here's what I picked up.



Here are a few shots of the trip home.




Any suggestions for my next cave?? (Other than the Bat-cave.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails