2016-08-31

Hey, Bro.

Bromides, that is. Bromides are these postcard sized little "pin-ups" that showcase movies or series. The Sphinx over here, has more details on an old set from the 70s. Part One can be found at that link, more can be found here and just search through his archives to see some updates.

A company called enSky has the recent franchise for producing the Bromides for Shin-Godzilla, as well as jigsaw puzzles, Paper Theater, etc. I first heard about these two weeks ago but had been unable to acquire them. Then yesterday I popped into the cinema in Natori and snagged the last pack of 12 (plus 2).


14 for 6 bucks plus tax. That's about 48 yen per card.


This is what each individually wrapped card looks like.


These are what I got! Woohoo! #1, the poster for the original Gojira.

This is the reverse and includes stats on the kaiju.

Other ones I received are as follows. Use your own Googling expertise to figure out which movie each poster belongs to.









I got the penultimate card as well. Note that the stats on Shin are kept slightly mysterious.

I tried ordering a few more packs through enSky but bulloxed my order form. I'll try again tomorrow and update should I be successful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails