2017-09-24

My 190 Yen Worth.

A few weeks ago, I picked up the first in a series of ancient Japanese coins for only 190¥. (That link will take you to the JP Money webpage.) Not a bad deal for such a cool looking coin.


It includes a nifty booklet describing the history of the coin.




Something dad can enjoy with his nerdy son.



This is a preview of future coins to come.


For some reason, there are two pages on Antarctic moolah. Perhaps, there is a monthly feature of international money.


Here is my coin and its flip-side.





This is why I won't be buying any future issuance of these coins: Made in China!

At two bucks a shot, it might be okay but not at 10 bucks. Here are coins 2 and 3 of which I snapped pics from the bookstore in case anyone out there is interested.



The above post is for any amateur numismatics out there. Pros will collect the real thing, amateurs will collect these.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails